Mentioned in the New York Times:
“an expert in the Spanish and Italian rapiers, [Jared] works as a film and theater consultant, training actors and arranging dueling scenes.”
Recommended by Backstage magazine as one of
“6 Stage Combat Classes You’ll Want to Check Out.”
Featured in Dance Magazine for
- Interview with New York Magazine’s Vulture.com where I was Fact Checking Hollywood Sword Fights on August 9th, 2018.
- Featured article in the national publication Dance Magazine for the “5 Things You Should Do To Make Stage Combat Look Real” on December 13th, 2017.
- Annie McDonough followed Jared for a day to capture this piece on Telling Stories with Violence on November 20th, 2017
- The National newspaper of Scotland reviewed Jared’s republication of Donald McBane’s book on April 4th, 2017
- InsideHook includes Jared Kirby in “WEAPON OF CHOICE: Welcome to the world’s elite “combat schools” on August 5th, 2016
- Interviewed for this Mental Floss article about 16 Behind-the-Scenes Secrets of Stunt Performers on August 4th, 2016
- Theatre Talk Interview about Fight Directing on September 10th, 2015.
- This Week in Shakespeare interview with me on September 9th, 2015.
- NY1 TV Interview by Roger Clark about the fights for Henry 4 part 1 with Steve Guttenberg in June 2015.
- StageBuddy Review of Hudson Warehouse’s Henry 4 part 1 that says “Weapons are used to brutal effect in Jared Kirby’s visceral arterial spray fight choreo” in June 2015.
- Interview with Tony Vang on Jared Kirby’s path to becoming an Fight Director and Fencing Instructor in June 2015.
- Backstage magazine recommended my class as one of “6 Stage Combat Classes You’ll Want to Check Out” on February 17th, 2015.
- A short interview February 13th, 2015 for Backstage magazine.
- A great 7 page article from the December 2014 issue of New Jersey Stage magazine.
- Leonia Life follow up in December 2014.
- SUNY Purchase Faculty notes newsletter in October 2014.
- Interview by nytheatre.com about my fights for The Three Musketeers, August 19th, 2013.
- Great review of the AoC NYC Intensive by Rachel Strayer, July 26th, 2012.
- “Cinema Quality” review of the fights in The Rover on Culture Mob, July 15th, 2012.
- Interview for Leonia Life, Feb 10th, 2012
- Interview for the Purchase College Independent, Feb 9th, 2012.
- Announcing Leonia Rec classes in Leonia Life, Dec 29th, 2011.
- A review of the SUNY Purchase Classical Foil & Sabre Invitational tournament in US Combat Sports, March 24th, 2011.
- In The Epoch Times and for NYU, November 14th, 2010 (I was the Emcee).
- Pictured in this Black Belt Magazine article, April 23rd, 2010.
- In USA Today March 13, 2008.
- In Hudson Reporter April 21, 2008.
- In University of Minnesota’s Honors News Spring, 2008.