Mentioned in the New York Times:
“an expert in the Spanish and Italian rapiers, [Jared] works as a film and theater consultant, training actors and arranging dueling scenes.”
Recommended by Backstage magazine as one of
“6 Stage Combat Classes You’ll Want to Check Out.”
- Theatre Talk Interview about Fight Directing on September 10th, 2015.
- This Week in Shakespeare interview with me on September 9th, 2015.
- NY1 TV Interview by Roger Clark about the fights for Henry 4 part 1 with Steve Guttenberg in June 2015.
- StageBuddy Review of Hudson Warehouse’s Henry 4 part 1 that says “Weapons are used to brutal effect in Jared Kirby’s visceral arterial spray fight choreo” in June 2015.
- Interview with Tony Vang on Jared Kirby’s path to becoming an Fight Director and Fencing Instructor in June 2015.
- Backstage magazine recommended my class as one of “6 Stage Combat Classes You’ll Want to Check Out” on February 17th, 2015.
- A short interview February 13th, 2015 for Backstage magazine.
- A great 7 page article from the December 2014 issue of New Jersey Stage magazine.
- Leonia Life follow up in December 2014.
- SUNY Purchase Faculty notes newsletter in October 2014.
- Interview by nytheatre.com about my fights for The Three Musketeers, August 19th, 2013.
- Great review of the AoC NYC Intensive by Rachel Strayer, July 26th, 2012.
- “Cinema Quality” review of the fights in The Rover on Culture Mob, July 15th, 2012.
- Interview for Leonia Life, Feb 10th, 2012
- Interview for the Purchase College Independent, Feb 9th, 2012.
- Announcing Leonia Rec classes in Leonia Life, Dec 29th, 2011.
- A review of the SUNY Purchase Classical Foil & Sabre Invitational tournament in US Combat Sports, March 24th, 2011.
- In The Epoch Times and for NYU, November 14th, 2010 (I was the Emcee).
- Pictured in this Black Belt Magazine article, April 23rd, 2010.
- In USA Today March 13, 2008.
- In Hudson Reporter April 21, 2008.
- In University of Minnesota’s Honors News Spring, 2008.