10AM to 6PM
Join us for a mini WEAPONS WEEKEND version of our regular Summer Intensive training!
The need for actors who know how to fight is bigger than ever, so there’s never been a
better time to channel your inner fighter and train in screen & stage combat!
Our goal is to provide a place where actors can hone their craft in creating safe violence for stage and screen. NYCSS focuses on grounding fights in martial reality to make sure the action is highly realistic, while also being an integral part of the story and revealing character. Our instructors will work with you where you are at, whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced, to help further your violent story telling abilities and technique.
3 FULL DAYS OF TRAINING ONLY $295.00
ALL LEVELS (BEG/INT/ADV) WELCOME!
Training Will Focus On:
- A Selection of Weapons Such As Longsword, Sabre & Quarterstaff
- Acting the Fight
- Violence Performance Theory
- And More!
**Due to the ebb and flow of corona virus conditions we are not locking down the full content of the event in order to stay malleable and to make sure we’re upholding the highest safety measures possible.**
*Precautions and Protocols In Place*
The well-being of our students and instructors is our top priority, therefore the following health and safety protocols will be in place:
- An NYCSS Admin will be taking temperatures at the beginning of every day to allow admittance into the Event.
- MASKS will be worn at all times indoors & outdoors on the training grounds.
- Social Distancing Practices will be in place at all times, including lunch breaks (which will be enjoyed outdoors if at all possible).
- In the event of rain or inclement weather, an indoor space will be prepared.
- If any participant is feeling ill leading up to or during the weekend, they will be asked to stay home and will be refunded accordingly (full or partial depending on days participated).
- NYCSS will CANCEL this workshop at any time if deemed appropriate by the city, state or our own judgement.
In the Event this workshop is cancelled, all participants will receive a full refund
If there are any other questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org