Stunts for Women (and Men are welcome too)
Stunt women work harder. To do the same stunts a man can pad up to perform, women often are in a bikini or heels and a skirt. This seminar will be taught by Maya Santandrea whose stunt work can be seen on The Walking Dead, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Mockingjay, Parts 1 & 2, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, Fast & Furious 7 and more (see IMDB for full list of credits). Through practical training and lectures you can learn what is truly required in the industry.
There are many ways to “break into” the industry, but there are some core skills and concepts which can help your chances. Before all that you need to ask yourself: do you really want to be a stunt performer? I mean really, REALLY want it. In this seminar you will learn what you’re getting into, and what it take to actually embark on a career in professional stunts.
This seminar will be heavily geared toward women, but all genders are welcome to join. We will begin with basic techniques, such as:
- Fundamental falls (with and without pads)
- Firearms safety & handling intro
- Throwing a “picture punch”
- Camera Awareness
- “Selling It” – Reacting to hits, kicks, and gunshot wounds
- Basic tumbling / shoulder rolls
We will also discuss the business, which is infinitely more complicated:
- Equipment: what to have in your gear bag at all times (and where to buy it)
- Film terminology 101
- Why union membership is important
- How wardrobe, special effects, prosthetics can (and will) ruin your day
- Set etiquette and expectations for being part of the stunt TEAM
- Resources for finding jobs / stunt vs actor headshots and resumes
- Why regular training is crucial to your success
Come find out what Maya has learned about this crazy business from firsthand experience!
WHERE: Battery Dance Company, 380 Broadway (2 blocks south of Canal).
To register make your payment:
Payment can also be made through PayPal to email@example.com
Check out Maya’s “Hero Zombie” moment from The Walking Dead: